December 04, 2007

Penang 07

I'm so bored right now so I've decided to blog about my trip to Penang last week from 24th to 27th of November. Went there with my grandma and relatives from mum's side. My uncle drove us there. Stopped by in Ipoh first for the food. It was really nice and cheap. omg. Can you imagine getting a bowl of super big & delicious kuay teow soup for only RM 3? yea, that's what I got. And the rojak, was scrumptious to the very end. I'm sorry there are no pictures to elaborate. I was too hungry and chomped down on the food before I remembered to take pictures of 'em :P

After the meal, we continued on to Penang. I think it has changed a lot since the last time I went there. I think I was probably 6 then. Not much I could have remembered anyway. Stayed in Paradise Hotel which was next to the beach. It wasn't bad. We got a serviced apartment since there were like 6 of us. Great view of the sea and all. The beach was not bad although definitely no comparison to Langkawi's. At least there were no rubbish or what nots on the beach. The sand was rough and well, probably good for the exfoliation of my feet. haha. My lil' cousin, Phoebe came along and was so cute :) She kept saying, "Elvyna che-che, let's go to the sandy beaches!" and then she'd do her silly face. haha. Simply adorable.

View from the Penang bridge. It was jammed and I just woke up.

View from the 17th floor. The beach. My cousin and I on the balcony.

(l to r) Aunty Grace (Phoebe's mum), Ah Yee, Gramma


I didn't eat this one (like duh?) but it looked like a nice one to add here too :)

Had all the above food in Penang. The garlic buttered prawns were heavenly. It may look ordinary, but believe me, when you taste it, it's just extraordinary :)Went to the temple also when I was there. Apparently it's like very famous, but I really only heard bout' it when I visited it. It has this really cool lift-thingy that brings you up to the temple. Malaysia's first inclined lift I heard. hmm. Not really that famous is it? I was walking around taking care of my cousin while my relatives went to pray and all in the temple. So yea, was stoning most of the time. Anyways, it was a really hot day. I felt icky and sticky from the sweat, so the pics are kinda minimal.

View from the temple.

Pretty pathway to the temple.

Forcing a smile despite the icky-ness of it all :s

Phoebe and I collecting shells.

Well, that's all for the Penang trip. It was a really great trip to bond with my relatives and of course, the FOOD! I hope trips like these would come more often. aite, toodles :)

xoxo, elvyna.

One occassion of her "silly faces" and silly me trying to imitate.

No comments: