September 12, 2011

Superficiality.

I'm in a terrible horrible mood.


That's right. I am.

Long story short, I just want to rant about how superficial people are nowadays, even family. You'd think people who brought you up and taught you important lessons/values of life would walk the talk. What happened to all the "not judging a book by its cover" talk? Or "it's the inside that counts" bullshit? So disappointed in so many people I used to look up to.

I know we live in a society where appearance is everything. Or at least, important. Good looks, a slim figure, the brand of clothes you wear are just some examples. That I know and can accept. But amongst family? Really? Is there a need for all the superficial and materialistic comparisons? If my life were to be measured by what I look like, or what I wore, or what brand of handbag I'm currently using, then where do the "insides" come in the picture? I'm content and happy with what God has given me in this life. I may not be the best looking person in a room, or have the nicest body or the most expensive piece of clothing, but does that make me any less a person? :( :(

I've been criticised and insulted time and time again. But not to this intensity, not this much. I'm about close to breaking point, and worse of all, it's by people I call family. I really need an intervention. Part of me says let it go, it's childish to take it to heart, but a part of me is holding on and replaying the words they've said again and again in my head. And truth be told, it hurts, big time. Words.DO.HURT.

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: