January 06, 2011

you make me smile (:

I miss the feeling I get whenever I sit down with a cup of hot passionfruit and peach tea in one hand and a book in the other. I miss the way I feel when I read and get lost in the tracks of time just lapping up each sentence on every page of a book. I've been fond of reading since I was a kid and I just never grew out of it. In fact, I might've grown into it, if that makes any sense :/


I guess I've always found it amazing how powerful words can be in telling a story. How in one moment I can be in my room reading and the next thing I know, I'm being transported into another realm, where I can feel what the characters in the book feels, or imagine a sunset so beautiful it makes me tear, or even feel a love so compelling through the story that I've never felt before in real life. Or maybe it could be like how it was when I was younger, where I would suddenly become a princess, in a castle somewhere far far away, awaiting the arrival of my prince charming to sweep me off my feet.

Anything is possible in a storybook. There are no boundaries, no barriers. Nothing to hold me back. Nothing to restrain my imagination from going wild. Nothing too big for me to grasp. I like the feeling I get when I can just let myself go, or at least my thoughts, whilst I'm reading a book. That feeling, I've missed it. Maybe that's why I can always spend hours and hours just sitting on a park bench or a coffee shop reading, oblivious to people passing by around me, just to hold on to that exhilarating rush of euphoria I get when I'm soaking up a book. It's like as if time stops for me, or rather moves too quickly when it happens. (:

So tonight, I'm putting the medical books aside for a little while (they've been overused anyways!) and I'm going to read a story book again, just to feel the way I always do when I read. No melanomas, no rheumatoid arthritis, no cardiac arrhythmia or Crohn's disease or any other disease for that matter.

It's just me and my book for tonight. And oh, my cuppa passion fruit peach tea (:
I iz happy, I iz very very happy (:

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: