January 27, 2011

Dear Grandma.

First of all, Happy 77th Birthday. I just got off skype with you. I miss you so much my heart aches physically :( There's so much I wanted to say to you, so much to tell you. But I couldn't bring myself to it or else I'd just end up crying so badly.


You mean so much to me and this is the first year I'm not by your side to wish you and give you a hug and a kiss. It doesn't mean I love you any less, in fact, I love you just the same, or more, if that is still possible.You've been the best grandma I could ever ask God for. I thank Him every single day for your presence in my life and if there's anyone I can give credit for for who I am now, it's you. You taught me my first prayer, and I still remember it to this day. You were there whenever I just needed someone to hold me while I cried, and you never once stopped believing in me even when I did myself. You taught me what love means and you've inspired me in every way possible just by living your life, so faithful to God and your family.

So here's to you ma, the strongest person I've ever known, the one who showed me how to find happiness and hope even in the darkest times. I don't think I'll ever be half the woman you are.

I love you.

Somehow these three words cannot compare to what my heart actually needs to say to you. Words are never enough, but it'll suffice.

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: