August 28, 2010

new life, new start, same heart.

Greetings from Southampton!! (:

Arrived here around 7pm local time and headed to Soton (short for southampton) via uni bus. Took bout 1 hr from Heathrow airport. It's pretty cool here, as in the weather and the surroundings. Lotsa greeneries, trees, things to see. Really tired from the flying and transiting (6 hours at Kuwait airport) but it wasn't too bad. At least no motion sickness this time, thank God. *must be the prayer I said before takeoff* haha.

Anyways, here are some pics taken.Last minute farewell gifts from friends at airport. Loving all of it (:Free breakfast at Kuwait airport during transit. Apple is self packed by grandma for me. So sweet, I miss her so much :(Caramel Sundae from McD's in Kuwait airport. I got really confused with the currency exchange here, but 5 USD bought me a caramel sundae, a bottle of water and 4 sticks of chewing gum.Random vending machine ourside Heathrow airport. So much junk food huh? (:

Just got my timetable for third year. It's so hectic :( :( no breaks at all I think. Postings here and there and I really hope all goes well and according to plan. Gonna be posted in Winchester first up till December I think :/

My accomodation here ain't too bad except I'm so far away from everyone else but my place is really quite quiet and nice. It's 10 degrees outside now and I just showered. Met a Taiwanese housemate but she's moving out next week. Somehow I got accomodation in the postgrad building- dont know how that happened :/ Anyways, most of them are away for summer break now.

I can't believe they didnt provide me with a pillow. sigh :( sad sad. Gotta make do and tomorrow I'm going to IKEA to get me some home stuffs.

Missing the family so much now, especially after reading the most touching email from Daddy :( :( sobs. But this just further reminds me that I'm here to make them all proud, to study hard, do the best I can and bring a smile to their faces. I'm gonna make is as a doctor, maybe not the best the world has seen but the best I could ever be. Gonna make those people who matter to me proud. They deserve that from me.

It's not going to be easy, to be so far from home, to be so alone in this foreign place, but I'm sure God put me here for a reason. He'll help me through, I'm sure of it. Just gotta have faith even when times are trying. I pray for strength to persevere through the times here. I pray I meet nice people too and I pray most of all that I continue learning and growing in the way He intended for me to. That's how I find peace, in Him, the only One who would never let me down.

Going to go read my bible and pray now, am so grateful for this opportunity to be where I am now doing what I love. Thank you for everything God - for the loving family, caring friends, and your everlasting love (:

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: