July 29, 2009

All that I ever wanted was to see you smiling.

Visited grandpa in the hospital today. He's concious but in pain still.

The first thing I noticed about him was the amount of weight he's lost since the last time I saw him. That, and also the numerous amount of tubes that are connected all over from his arms to his neck. So he had a total gastrectomy plus splenectomy on Tuesday. I really thank God that the surgery went relatively well although the cancer had spread to adjacent organs. And also the fact that grandpa is recuperating well in ICU. He talked to me when I visited today. Showed me his surgery area and all some more. Like some little kid proud of his scars or something :D

It was a heart wrenching sight but I said a little prayer before I went in to see him asking God to make me strong and not break down. It worked. I guess I really get all emotional when it comes to family members cos' they really mean a lot to me :/

Oh. And I had the best night ever today. Everything was just right (: Thank you so much. You don't know how happy I felt (:

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: