August 05, 2009

200th post! damn random i know but i just noticed it!

I've started hospital postings in Sungai Buloh hospital (yes yes, its the main centre for the H1N1 disease :/) but i'm ok so far. And I'll stay that way (: It has been fun, looking at stuffs, learning new things minus the waking up in the wee hours of morning and being in the hospital at 7.30am :S That's crazy. But hey, it's only 5 mins from my house so I'm not complaining just yet (:

So yes, I'm gonna be attached for 3 weeks.
1st week- Paeds, 2nd week Accident and Emergency, 3rd week- Surgery.

Sounds not bad right? So I'm in day 3 now and its been pretty boring. But once in a while I get to see cool stuffs. Like a lumbar puncture, CT scan being done on a baby, Neonatal ICU (babies born prematurely, with congenital heart disease,etc.-it's quite sad :( ), a datuk insisting on admitting his daughter into the ward just cos' she's positive for Influenza A, not even H1N1 :/ haha. Weird ppl u see in the hospital :D

Oh, and I think I've really been overdosing in the alcohol hand rubs thing. Like in Sungai Buloh hospital, everytime we pass a bridge that links the buildings, the guards would force us to sanitize our hands. So i probably sanitize around 20++ times a day . Alcoholic wei :/ Not like it smells nice also. ish. But I guess prevention is better than cure. So yes, random pics we took.

Wont be updating as much already since I wont be having internet connection for the next two weeks. Staying in Sungai Buloh, not Kepong :( I'll miss grandma loads. oh, and bro, and the internet :( :(
Jae Ric.Me.Jeremy.

Yup. We HAVE to wear them surgical masks too. At least now no one can see when I'm yawning :D heh.

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: