January 30, 2008

Sweet seventeen partay!

I've been really free nowadays since uni only starts on the 25th of February so while I was reading the December issue of seventeen magazine, I came across the seventeen/clinique makeover party. It was only RM 50 so I, being so bored with nothing to do, dragged Amelia to come along with me for the event on 26th of January. It turned out to be more than we thought it was. So yea, it was held at The Scarlet in Cineleisure. It's a really nice place. Restaurant cum bar I think. Cool ambience and designs. Cute Nepalese waiters too:) *winks* The host was Xandria Ooi. She's really quite tall and prettier in real life than in magazines and all. Yea, so there was a skin care talk by Clinique, makeup workshops, Snips doing the hair and Kuku Bar for manicure.

The chocolate mousse they served was the BOMB! It was so addictive and it was the epitome of what a great dessert should be. Really. Should go try it sometime again:) Sinful indulgence I tell you. Yea, back to the event. It was really fun. Lots of freebies and vouchers as well.

All went well until Xandria said the stylist was gonna pick 3 girls from the almost 60 ppl crowd who he thinks has great personality and looks to model Roxy clothes. And guess who's name got called?

Xandria: The first person to be chosen, Elvyna.

*silence in the crowd*

Me whispering to Amelia: *Did she just call my name?*

Amelia: I think so.

Elvyna: Maybe not. It could be a Malay girl's name they pronounced wrongly.

Xandria(this time louder) : Elvyna Lim?

Yea. It was me. So yea, had to wear beach clothes and I did a catwalk in front of all those people**the embarrassment**. To make things worse, (like I wasn't already squirming and feeling umcomfortable doing the catwalk) the other 2 girls were already models for seventeen mag. So definitely I was so fitting into the expression, fish out of water :S Like really out. But it was all in good fun.

So the really pretty girl won and took back like RM 500 Roxy voucher I think. She was really good. Sweet girl she is too. Erm, yea. Then after all that, there was the lucky draw, which I coincidentally won too! :) And to finish things off, a performance by Alif from One in a Million. He said I was really tall. I just said he was short. Alrights! Another day gone by like that. Wish it would be like that everyday so I qouldn't stone and bum too much. Here are some pics..(none from the catwalk though cos I left my camera in the bag in the changing room:))
Me and Amelia.
Xandria.Friends I met there. Tung Tung and Carine. They're from Catholic High. One of seventeen mag's staff.The super pretty girl who won the modelling thing thing. Told you she was pretty.The 3 of us who got picked. (L to R) Liyana, Qairun, MeWith Alif.Oh. Guess who I bumped into there? Constance! She's been working at Scarlet for 3 days!:)

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: