January 30, 2008

Bangkok Part 2

I've finally given up procrastinating and realized I haven't really finished blogging 'bout Bangkok. It's been almost 2 weeks since I got back and guess what? I still haven't unpacked yet. AT ALL. I seriously need time management tips. Anyways, I think I'm at the 3rd day now, right? (see, this is what happens when you procrastinate for soooo long)

Yup. I was a tourist on the 3rd day. Went to visit their well-known floating market like on Chao Phraya river- I think we've studied this somewhere in Geography Form 3 (don't remember it being well known for the floating market though):S The journey there was tiring, taking into account my motion-sickness. Nothing came out though, if you know what I mean ;)

Had to take a boat to the Floating Market.All smiles before I got splashed with dirty water from the river.Some boats selling stuffs in the floating market. It's really tight especially since there are so many boats.Too many pics to add here. An example will do:) (Btw, I'm watching all this from the land.)

Being a tourist attraction spot, those Thai people at the floating market just simply overcharge on everything they sell. Like seriously, the mango and sticky rice costs like RM 5 for me and RM3 for the other Thai lady. And she got 2 mangoes. I only had one:( I'm not complaining though. It was really sweet and not really up to my liking. Well, to give it credit, it wasn't THAT bad either..
My ONE mango sticky rice. I'm not being bitter now...
The aunty frying my 'char kuay teow' their version.
Was actually yummy.

So after visiting the floating market, the tour-guide brought us to a handicraft place where we learnt how people make saa paper/ mulberry paper and wood-carving. Wasn't bad but it would've been something I'd rather watch on National Geographic or Discovery. Was kinda stoning there for like the whole time.
An inverted umbrella on the ceiling. Damn weird.
She single-handedly carved this. I was soo freaking amazed I stood there for quite some time watching her:)
Was stoning so thought to myself, "Why not take a pic with the elephant?" so yea, there you have it :P

We were dead tired when we reached back so it was dinner and off to bed. Like wouldn't you be tired if you had to wake up at 5 am to go to a Floating Market 2 hours drive away on bumpy road?

So the 4th day and our last day was the funnest. We went to Chatuchak Market. I heard like there is over 10,000 shops in that market alone, and that was at last count! It was so BIG I even took half an hour to get out of the whole place. Scary huh? So yea, they seriously sell everything you can name. Clothes, shoes, food, wood, paper, and even dogs!! Cute lil puppies for sale. It was such a sight. Adorable-ness to the MAX! Oh yea, they sold squirrels too. It was kinda inhumane cos they chained it at the neck. eeks :(
Clothes at the market.
Pretty lamps. I bought a few. They're REALLY cheap! Couldn't resist ;DA huge variety of puppies for sale. They were all sooo cute and cuddly. And clean.
I had to pick one up to take a pic with. *extreme cuteness- **screams with delight!**I know you can't see how sunny and feel the heat but believe you me, it was scorching. My sunblock melted away like 10 minutes after I arrived here :SColourful Saa/ Mulberry paper. I bought like one of each kind and colour. It was so tempting and once again, cheap!Rattan stuffs. I don't remember taking this pic. Must've been a random one:)

Well, that was it for the Chatuchak trip. Shouldn't have gone on the last day. Not enough time!Anyways, to end this Bangkok post, it wouldn't be a Thailand trip if I didn't have what they're super-duperly famous for, yup, TOM YUM GOONG!!!! YUMS :)

Yea. I HEART Bangkok and all the shopping satisfaction it brings to me! :) Weeee!

All hail Bangkok!!

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: