January 23, 2008

Bangkok Part 1

Because I am obviously too lazy to blog about Bangkok in one post, I shall break it down into parts. haha. Left for Bangkok on 16th of Jan. First time at LCCT taking Air Asia. Was a cool experience albeit the time I had to leave home to go there- 5am :s. It was sort of like a shopping trip with my aunt and boy, did we REALLY shop! Anyways, here's pics of our plane-adventure.The sunrise from my window-seat.*yawns*First cam-whore pic. I think I just woke up :SThe RM 8 nasi lemak in Air Asia. It was quite nice though..1901 New York chicken hot dog. RM 7 for this one.First bird's-eye view of Bangkok.

Once we got off the plane, we caught a cab and got stuck in the never-ending jam in the city center. It took us 1 hr to get to our hotel rather than the usual 30 minutes. So we checked in, freshened up and got out to SHOP! (yes, we don't waste any time;))
When we arrived at the hotel. The cleaners were busy cleaning the floor.
First ride on the "tuk-tuk" to Platinum Mall.The mall that sells everything(well, almost everything) at wholesale price. And there are over a thousand shops in there. I miss it! :(An exclusive inside view of Platinum Mall. No photographs were allowed to be taken. ssshh.Steamboat meal.The much-talked-about Suan-Lum Night market. There are many shops located here selling assorted stuffs. Bought pretty candles here.The famous MBK. We live opposite this mall. haha. The convenience ;P

We were pretty tired from the flight on the first day so it was a pretty short day out and we went to bed early.

On the 2nd day, we decided to just stay around the city and visit the malls. Siam Paragon, Siam center, Central world and all. Well, I've gotta say, I'm impressed. Siam Center is like One U, Siam Paragon is like Pavillion and CentralWorld, well, I forgot. haha. Ate in the mall. Swensen's there is really much nicer than it is here. I think it's cheaper too. Bought a new wallet from Paragon and just walked around there the rest of the day. haha. Boring I know.The superbly heavenly strawberries and ice-cream concoction.Indulging.


The view of part of the city from the malls.

That's all for Part 1. toodles!

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: