April 09, 2011

Vanilla cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting.

Ever since I got the Cake Days recipe book from The Hummingbird Bakery, I've been trying out most of their recipes and am loving every single one of it. Decided to make vanilla cupcakes instead of strawberry cupcakes because I don't want to OD on strawberries especially since the frosting is already full of strawberries! Anyways, this vanilla cupcake recipe in the book made the most delicious vanilla cupcakes I've ever tried! It's amazingly soft and moist and fluffy and fragrant. I'm not even kidding -_-


Try it if you guys want to here (it's not exactly the same as the recipe in the book but its the closest I can find online). I didn't use the recipe for the normal cream cheese frosting but instead made it a strawberry one, cos I was craving for a strawberry cupcake today (:


Super smooth batter that folds like a ribbon (:
Made 18 cupcakes with the recipe in the book although it said 12-16 cupcakes. Not complaining though (:
Strawberries, hulled and washed.
Mashed strawberries (Using fresh fruits instead of strawberry flavouring gives a natural colour and sweetness to the end product)
Strawberry halves to garnish.


Homemade strawberry jam as the filling. Had extra strawberries so decided to make jam with them! (:

Best served cold. Satisfied my craving for the day :P

xoxo, elvyna.

1 comment:

ChiannVern said...

drools! it tempts me! please do make some for me when you're back in Msia! :D HAHA take care over there! God bless!