April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday.

A huge smiley easter egg chocolate and bunnies and chicks chocolate in a tiddly pot. So cute!



Spent Easter weekend in London meeting up with college friends I haven't seen since Chinese New Year. Was a really fun weekend had a picnic in Regent's Park on Saturday (I'll do a post on it later) but I really enjoyed my Easter Sunday so I'll talk about it first. Went to Hillsongs London with Jun King, a college mate from A levels whom I haven't seen in 3 years!

Love, love, loved the cross and heart animation on the screen.
Short skits with songs, dance performances and rapping. Loved the play on stage lights and sounds.
What Easter is all about: Redemption through Jesus Christ (:

After church, we went to Maze by Gordon Ramsay in Marriott on Grosvenor Square. This restaurant was awarded with one Michelin star so we wanted to see how good it was. Kim joined us for lunch too.
The three of us ordered a three-course meal each which costs £25.o0 which I thought wasn't too expensive for a one star Michelin restaurant.
Pear and PassionFruit Cocktail. Loved this!
Wild Garlic Soup with maple-glazed chicken oysters and lemon emulsion. Was not bad but the green seriously put me off. The chicken was yummy but there were only two small slices in it.
Kim and JunKing's Loch Duart Salmon, fondue of leek, vinaigrette of brown shrimps and foam of horseradish. The colours are really pretty but it's fish, so no way I'm going to taste it. Apparently it was nice though, according to them.
My Szechuan spiced Suffolk pork belly, edamame beans, pickled black radish and spring greens. The pork was really juicy and crispy on the outside and the light sauce complimented it really well. It wasn't too hard to compare it to roast pork (siu yuk) I could eat in any chicken rice/hawker shop in Malaysia though :/
Kim's braised veal shin with rocket pesto and white onion risotto. The risotto was really nice but I didn't take a picture of it. Didn't try the veal though.
My favourite part of a meal: Dessert! I had the Summer Fruit Crumble with elderflower mousse, berry sorbet and granola. It was really refreshing and slightly sour but I loved the crunch I get biting into the granola and crumble! (:
Kim's Pistachio parfait with cherry sorbet and griotte cherries. It was really rich the parfait and had a smooth taste to it.

All in all, the place was really nice and the food was good but there's nothing to shout about especially since it's a one star Michelin. Would've preferred if there was an exciting dish or something different. Like my all time favourite restaurant, Alain Ducasse! (:

And that's how I spent my Easter day! (:

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: