April 20, 2010

Was it something that I didn't say, when I didn't say I love you.

Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

And so it just happened.

A church member's dad just passed away from cancer today. My condolences to her and her family. *sigh* I hate that word. We've been praying for him every single week for a while now. After I heard the news, my heart just dropped. I don't know why. I'm not even that close to that church member or her dad for that matter but I guess I know how it feels. How it feels to lose someone you really care about and love to that disease. Suddenly, I feel the same hurt I felt when it happened to me but to a much lesser extent.

Sometimes, I guess we'll just never know God's plans for us or the people around us. It's so scary that it takes incidents like this to remind us time and time again how short life really is. That it could just end when you least expect it to. That nothing is really worth holding on to :(

I guess I'll take this as a reminder to teach me to cherish and treasure the people around me. To love like there's no tomorrow. Don't leave any words unsaid, any actions undone. Don't hold grudges, learn to forgive, it's liberating in a way. You feel like doing something, do it. Don't give an opportunity for regret to get in the picture. Then in the end, you'll know, there wasn't any way you could have done it better because you did give it your best shot and there are no regrets.

You've only got one life, live it. Live it right.

Lamentations 3:32
Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: