May 22, 2011

kaleidoscope of colours.

Since I haven't been feeling that great recently, what with exams stress piling on and other stuffs, decided to take some time off from studying today to bake. Instead of baking the usual stuffs I do, I decided to make rainbow cupcakes. To be honest, I've never made these in my life before, but I see it a lot on tumblr sites and always thought it looked pretty.


So today I felt adventurous and decided to try and make them.
The hardest part of all. Dividing the cake batter into 6 colours and making the right shades of "rainbow" colours. Since I only have 3 food colouring paste (red, blue, yellow) I had to try and mix the colours till I got the one I was satisfied with.


Vanilla Icing. Didn't want to overdo the deco as the cupcake itself is quite bright. It looks like clouds doesnt it? (:

Ahh. Happy Happy colours of the rainbow. I think I'm in love.
I certainly felt better after devouring one cupcake. It was actually really moist and yummy besides being pretty. At least now I feel much happier (: (:

I dare you to be in a bad mood after eating one of these (:

P/S: Is it a coincidence that the pastor in church today spoke about Noah's ark and the covenant between him and God (ie the rainbow)? :D

Genesis 9:16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: