May 14, 2011

I've locked you up in the deepest corner of my heart.

Sipping on my cup of hot green tea, after a warm shower. Refusing to dry my hair with a hairdryer (thus ending up with water dripping from my hair, but I really couldn't care less) while listening to jazz music. And of course, writing this post. And I feel at peace, regardless.


It was a pretty busy week for me, starting Paediatrics placements. I must be honest, it wasn't the best start to any attachment, and I really don't want to sound like this first week has put me off doing Paediatrics, but it somewhat has. And I was pretty down about it the whole week, because for as long as I've known, I've wanted to specialize in Paediatrics. So I wasn't really myself this week, been kinda "off" in more ways than one, and people around me started noticing (gosh, I just can't hide my true feelings even subconciously, can I?).

Anyways, long story short, I got over it. The feeling of wallowing in my self-pity and decided to make next week a better week instead. It'll be a new start, as with most things in my life recently. Scary, feeling vulnerable, but a new start nevertheless. It'll be better.

And if all else fails, I'll just immerse myself in my books and studies and forget about everything.

Yup, I'll do that.

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: