March 15, 2008

Orientation is finally over. Good or Bad? :S

It's finally over. The whole hassle to practise (& dance till I drop) in the dance studio, the whole preparing of the costumes and props in Amos' house, the whole excitement and exhaustment I get from orientation. It's over. And now, I miss it :( So yea, this whole week, every night there was something for us to do.

On Monday it was a fashion show from all parts of the world, ours kinda sucked cos it was lame. Then on Tuesday there was the telematch which I couldnt go to cos I can't run with knees like that. (Heard it was really rough too, most of my group members ended up with bruises all over:S) Wednesday there was the princess sketch. Ours was Sleeping Beauty in a Haunted Mansion- think Ju-on, the Ring) I was Sleeping Beauty. Wore pyjamas and a tiara. Sze Yin from my group made a really good the Ring impersonation when she crawled out the TV- I was really scared the first time I saw it.hahaha. The seniors said our group's sketch was good! Weeee! :) On Thursday, we did a dance. Ballet with a bit of Hip Hop. We remixed Claire de Lune and Low by Flo-Rida. It was superb! Everyone liked it. I'll see if I can upload the video once I get it;P And on Friday, yesterday, it was the last night- Variety Night. All the groups had to do a Performance and their Prince (every group has a prince-sorta like a "mascot") had to do a performance. Ours was a whale.

Each group had a different theme. Ours was Halloween Horror. We danced Thriller by Michael Jackson. It was sooo good. Really. I'm not self praising. I'll upload the video once I get it as well. Then you'll see. We didnt get QC-ed. (Quality Control) **When your performance is too boring or obscene, the QC team will ring the alarm to warn you, and if it still sucks, they'll stop your performance altogether.** We were group 9 and Group 1-6 all got QC-ed. Scared us to bits.

Neways, it was a fun experience and I made lotsa friends. They're mostly all nice people albeit a few who are erm..not so nice. It's gonna be less fun now with the tons of workload and all coming up now. But yea, this orientation is one I'm DEFINITELY gonna remember for a long long time to come:)
Ah Lean the Prince and our leader, Amos. Playing with the water gun the whole night :s
Clockwise from l to r: Me, Amos, Matthew, Nicole, Sze Yin.

I better go now and tend to my aching neck. Thanks to Thriller.
xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: