December 19, 2010

Without lifting a finger, you're holding me back.

Vespa (:
Mini horse we pass by when walking to town everyday (: Its so short and stumpy but it's cute and warm (:
Olive tree.
Had lunch here today.
Bread with vinaigrette and olive oil. I prefer balsamic vinegar though.
Interior of the restaurant.
Mix platter with traditional greek dishes (i.e. Moussaka, stuffed tomatoes, stuffed peppers, stuffed vine leaves, veal, stewed meatballs, roast potatoes, rice, chicken in tomato sauce). Was so stuffed from eating this it was so filling. Cost us 27 Euros though.
Grilled calamari (again) but it's just so nice we can't get enough of it!
Really fruity red wine which I surprisingly like (:
Greek meal prepared by the owner of the villa for us. She's so sweet and generous and it's really nice of her to make us feel so welcomed! btw, the food tasted awesome!


Pics starting below are all from Oia (:

Looking for directions maybe?
Pathway to get around the place.

The slope of the mountain and the beautiful colours of the rocks are just breathtaking :D
2 other dogs who led the way as well. Without them, I'm pretty sure we would get lost :/
Some houses in Oia. Somehow all Greek houses look the same don't they? :s
Dogs overlooking the cliff. So scared they were gonna fall over or something, but they didn't (:
On top of the castle/fort thingy overlooking the Aegean Sea on the other side.
Camwhore shot of aunt and I.
One more for the album (:
Just me. Oh oh! I bought that necklace in some store yesterday in Fira town (Santorini). Somehow I just like the pendant a lot (:
Sepia mode of the windmills (: Gives a very antique-ish feel.
Spotty dog I temporarily named gamma (one of the few greek words I know besides alpha, beta, etc..) whom I was playing with and he was licking me all over! Cute friendly dog though. He led my aunt and I to the fort-ish place to see the scenery as well as brought us back to the main place to get a cab after that. He even barked at some passerby as he was being overprotective of us. So adorable (: I miss him already :(

Sayang-ing him for being such a good tour guide (:
Ended the day by pushing gamma off the cliff! haha. Of course I'm just kidding, I didn't. How could I? (:

Even though we didn't get to see the much-talked-about sunset in Oia due to the super gloomy and cloudy skies, I'm still proud and grateful that I made a few canine friends and got to see such an amazing view of the little town (:

God is really amazing as it started to rain after we left the place and got into a cab. Makes me feel all warm inside knowing I have a God that cares (: Also thank God we made it from Heathrow with no problems as Heathrow had to shut due to heavy snow a day after we left. God is good (:

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: