December 20, 2010

When our hearts are far away, Your love goes further still.

Woke up this morning with a sudden realization. Not really a sudden one as some part of me always knew it. It's just sometimes as humans, we forget. But this morning, it was different, it was like an epiphany.


When the storms of life and the winds of change and uncertainty tosses you back and forth, and you find you are losing grip on reality, on life, make Jesus your anchor. Let Him hold you down, on His promises, His grace, His love. Everything. He'll never fail you, He never has and never will.
Then the storm would clear by itself. The clouds and the sun would come rolling in and you no longer feel afraid or uncertain. What's better than knowing that He is holding you in His hands? The safest and warmest place you could ever be.

I guess I can never understand how a God so big and mighty would even care enough for someone as ordinary as me. Well, that's the beauty of His love I guess. Brings me to tears everytime I ponder on how much He has given for me. Even if it was 2000 years ago.

Me. Someone so undeserving of His love, yet He's been so faithful and true throughout my life. Thankful everyday for the life He's given me, the blessings He has poured into my life and praying ever so hard that my life will be a living sacrifice of worship unto Him.

This is my cry. My one desire. Help me Lord.

xoxo, elvyna.