September 16, 2008

Life is scarreeey :(

Was driving to uni today, as usual. When I reached somewhere near Jalan Duta, a motorcyclist on my right side in front of me lost control and started swerving in and out lanes. Then another motorcyclist which was going quite fast came behind him and banged his bike. Everything else after that happened all too quick. The 2nd guy's bike fell to the ground and threw the guy to the other lane in front of my car. I hit the brakes immediately. I stopped right in front of the bike which was in front of my tire and the guy lying on the road in front.

I stopped. I looked. The guy was unconcious. People started crowding around him. I didn't know what to do. Everyone thought I banged him cos he was in front of me. I wanted to get down of the car. I know First Aid. But after I opened the door, I was soo scared, I immediately closed it and locked the doors. I really really didn't know what to do :( To help or not to help.

Finally, I just left. I was shaking, I couldn't think right. I was shocked. I cried. The unconcious guy there, the other motorcyclist at fault with no injuries at all, the onlookers.. I left. Feeling guilty. I dont know. I knew I could've done something more. sighs. But I chose to leave.

Which got me thinking..
Why did I learn First Aid? Why did I choose to study medicine?
To save lives.
What did I do?
Run.

Going to bed now feeling guilty. *sigh*

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: