September 13, 2008

Friendship, gossip, drama, love.

friend
1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement

~taken from thefreedictionary.com~

I guess there is no definite definition that can be used to describe friends. Different people have their different opinions. To me, friendship is kind of like loving someone. (note key word: kind of-meaning not exactly) It's about loving and caring for that person and expecting nothing in return. This is much easier said than done obviously. Especially when people tell you that all your so-called "friend" wants is to take advantage of you. I dont know. Maybe my friend is, maybe not. But whatever it is, at least i'm doing my part as a friend. I don't want to just be a friend by name and just be selfish and self-centered altogether.

I do care for my friends. But it doesn't mean everytime I care and give in or do something for them I have to have something in return from them right? It doesn't mean I'm weak and letting ppl walk all over me also right? I mean, if they do show gratitude in any way, then it's probably a bonus for me :) But if they don't, at least I managed to put a smile on their faces for even a while kan? That's what friendship is to me.

And love too, in a totally different sorta aspect. How many of us can actually say we love someone and expect nothing in return? It's a cliché, this phrase: When you truly love someone, you just want that person to be happy, whether or not the person is with you. Is that even possible? I guess I'm a sceptic then. But I guess it's the RIGHT(only) thing to do sometimes. But I guess just caring and being there for the person you love should be more than enough to show love towards them. Although it can be misleading at times. But what the heck, I don't even know what I'm going on and on about...don't mind me. (=.=)"

It's really hard. Listening to so many people talk and say mean stuffs about so many other people who are dear to me. Maybe I should stop listening, maybe I should search inside of me and find my own voice. Yea, maybe I should.

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: