August 07, 2008

Cell Group

You have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble. Psalms 59:16

I went for cell group in IMU yesterday. I didn't really want to go at first cos it would mean I would have to go to uni at 10.30am instead of the usual 1.30pm for classes. It would also mean I had to wake up at 9 something as well. But I went anyways, ManLo did persuade me to go too.

Anyways, the point is, I cannot be happier that I went. It was the first CG and the head is Joanne and her assistant is ManLo. The topic : Friendship. The subtopics and all: Broken relationships, making friends, etc.. I felt that it was a topic which really touched me in all ways especially due to the things I've been going thru lately. I got to listen to different point of views from the other ppl who attended CG and I was truly inspired in a way. Listening to them, I learnt sooo much about what it means to be a friend to someone else. What it takes to mend a broken relationship, why it is important to make friends and all. My friends at CG were really a bunch of encouraging ppl. I think I should hang out with them more. I'd learn a thing or two I know.

This CG taught me to open my eyes and look at things from a different perspective. Good friends are really a gem, they're hard to come by, and once they do, we should cherish them. Sure, we may have fights and disagreements, but as friends, all these can be overcomed. And the one and only bestest best friend we should have who we can always count on is indeed Jesus. yup. Man will fail, in more ways than one, man will hurt one another, but our God's the only one who would never let us down. NEVER. We can all take pride in that. I have so much faith that He'll always, ALWAYS be there. God is able to infinitely do more than our highest prayers, dreams, desires, thoughts and hope.

Once you've committed everything into the Lord's hands, every problem, every mistake, every doubt, sooner or later, you're bound to find peace of heart, mind and soul. Yea, you will. God knows. I read somewhere while doing my devotion a couple of days ago that God will not put us into a trial too big we cannot overcome it. God works in His own ways. I really can't wait till the next CG. yea. Joanne even asked me to lead worship! I'll pray that God guides me:)

On another note, it's Tiffanie, Daddy and Aaron's birthday today! Looong day. Hope I take loads of pretty-looking pics! :)

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: