September 27, 2012

Crap.

That's how I feel after a day in the hospital today. I know I'm JUST a medical student, I know I'm at the bottom of the hierarchy and I can't do anything helpful/productive in the wards like the other legit doctors. You think I don't know all that? I do know all that. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't be treated like a human being. You don't just ask a student to "Go away" or shout at them in the presence of patients and parents. That's just unprofessional.

Sigh.

I could go on a rant spree about today and the details but I'd rather not. Praying so hard through the tears right now that God will calm me and forgive them and help them deal with what ever they are going through now that has made them so bitter and mean. Also praying that tomorrow will be a better day.

Chin up.

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: