July 16, 2012

Isle of Wight.

So I'm on my 5th week now of Medicine in Practice (MiP) placement at St Mary's Hospital in the Isle of Wight. Things have been going great. Ended last week with a bang at the GP practice I was in for 2 weeks. Did really well on the assessment at the end and my GP was very pleased with me. That's a good start right? (:

Anyways, here are some pics of the island and stuff when the boy came down over the weekends to see me.
The hospital;s main entrance.

Us starting our adventure day (:

Yarmouth Harbour. Pretty sailboats. I want one too if the weather was nicer in England!

The Needles Park, Alum Bay. Pretty lousy gloomy day.

Chairlift down Needles Park :/ Steep!

Olympic Torch relay at the Park. Tried to get away from the crowd of people there.

Ventnor Pier.

Ventnor Beach. Rocks galore.


Local island-made ice cream (: I must've had this like 3-4 times now since I've been on the island.

The Spyglass Inn for lunch/dinner. Recommended by Michelin (:

His: Oriental Style Beef. Super yummy.

Mine: Half lobster with New Potatoes. Fresh lobster. YUM YUM (:

Walking along the coloured sand beach on Ventnor.

Finished the day off with a slice of Chocolate Indulgence from Chocolate Apothecary in Ryde (my GP place).

All in all, a very exciting but short weekend spent on visiting places and eating (: Weather could've been better (Was pretty scary when it started pouring as we were on the chairlift), but I'm not complaining, we still got around.

Missing the boy already. Oh wells..

xoxo, elvyna.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this your image reused? If so, was it done with permission?

http://www.islandecho.co.uk/news/minimal-disruption-expected-st-marys-works/