June 16, 2012

Brunei.

Visited Brunei for the first time ever for a week just before I came back to UK. It was definitely an experience and a very 'different' country but I didn't find it as boring as most people were warning me about.

There wasn't much to see there and it took just about 2 days before I saw and visited most places.

Sultan's palace.

Fluffy clouds. It was scorching hot in Brunei though (I got a shorts tan line)
One and only McD's in Brunei.

Beautiful scenery at the Empire Hotel beach.

Us on the carousel at the Jerudong Park amusement park/playground.

Picture perfect shot of the Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin mosque and the boat.

Sat in air-conditioned places every chance we got.

Kampong Ayer river cruise.

Beautiful sunny day with clear skies. Awesome view of the water villages and schools on water.

Tried the local Bruneian food- Ambuyat (some tree sap thing with a gluey texture).

Hated it. Couldn't even swallow it.

Tried tonkeng (chicken ass) at the night market. Different texture than I'm normally used to but delicious marinade.

New found favourite fast food chain that's only found in Brunei - Jollibee. Awesome spaghetti.

Toy Proboscis monkey to make up for the fact that I didn't see a real one in Brunei.

Goodbye Brunei.

Thanks for having me. It was fun!

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: