February 19, 2012

A Valentine's to remember (:

Went to London to celebrate Valentine's day this year. First time celebrating it really. It was really fun going for a mini trip like that. Had lunch at Royal China in Bayswater, which was one of the recommended places in London to go to for Dimsum. They served really good dimsum to be honest, but the portions were small-ish and it was pricey :/


Disclaimer: Picture quality kinda sucks cos I was using my digital instead of DSLR. Felt it was too heavy to lug around in London the whole time :/



Char Siew Cheong Fun! Ordered two of these (:
The usuals.
The tastiest (and also priciest) eggtarts I've ever tasted in my life! The pastry was golden browned to perfection and each layer crumbled and melted in the mouth! (:
Glutinous rice wrapped in leaf (:

Had dinner at Koffman's at the Berkeley. Its not a Micheline star per se, but the head chef is the guy who trained loads of now Michelin-starred chefs around London. My aunt recommended we went to this place so we did. And boy, did it not disappoint! (:
Us (:
Lovely bread selection. Garlic brioche was totally my fav (:
My starter: Terrine of Foie Gras with baguette and brioche.
His: Langoustines and scallops with shellfish broth.
My main: Home-styled, braised beef cheeks in red wine.
His: Pig's trotter stuffed with sweetbread and morsels. (The chef's specialty! Totally recommend it) (:
My date (:
Dessert: Pistachio souffle with pistachio ice cream (: (The fluffiest souffle I've ever tasted! One of their specialities as well)

All in all, it was a great Valentine's celebration, and I think I've gained 5kgs more after that one day meal in London. Oh well, well worth it I'd say (:

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: