August 23, 2011

What if Your blessings come through raindrops?

Love.


What does it really mean?

"Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

I haven't written about love in a while. Feelings, yes, emotions, yes, but not love. I've always felt love is such a strong word. It embodies so many things as depicted in the bible verse above. Yet, it is being used loosely by people everywhere. I'm not judging people who use the word love, don't get me wrong, but I'm just saying to me, it means a whole lot more than a four-letter word.

Speaking to a friend today about relationships, I reflected on what LOVE means. I think I'm still on a journey to discover its meaning. I mean, I know I love my family and friends, but the kind of love it takes to be in a relationship and make it last, I'm not sure if I know how it feels like. Maybe I've loved before and am afraid to do it again, but one thing I know for sure: for now, knowing the love Jesus showed me when He died upon the cross to be my saviour, that would suffice. That love? It surpasses any kind of love I know I'll ever get from anyone in this world.

Thank You for loving me (:

xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: