March 26, 2009

IMU's got talent finals.

So a few weeks ago, my friend Jien organized an event called IMU's got talent to help Kher Lik raise funds for IMU ball. He then asked Kyan and I to join it. He was getting really scared cos' apparently the feedback wasn't so good and no one was joining and blablabla.. so we signed up. FOR JIEN. And then we went to the audition, singing A Whole New World (The Aladdin theme song). The next thing we knew, we were in semi finals, in which we sang At the Beginning (Anastacia theme song). And then, we were in the finals. Honestly, I didn't know we could make it so far in the competition. I mean, it was just for fun anyways. Anyway, so the finals were last night. And boy, was I nervous and I started panicking and all. In the end, I screwed up both performances (sorry Kyan). Thanks to everyone who voted for us. Really means a lot and I appreciate it :) 1st round of finals- singing Quando Quando (Michael Buble feat. Nelly Furtado)2nd round of finals- singing Come What May (Nicole Kidman and Ewan Mcgregor) from the soundtrack of Moulin RougeWith the awesome emcees of the night, my batch mates, Arthur and Lydia.Initial voting thingy, i think :/

Special thanks to Mei, Amanda, Han Hung (aka Hung ko-LOL), Joseph and my bro, Bryan for coming to show their support! And sorry I disappointed you guys :/ haha. Oh yea, and thanks for the awesome poster/banner you guys made for me. Seriously, I almost cried when I saw it. So touching! Sayang all you guys so much!!! And you know what? I realized after I reached home yesterday night that we didn't take any, ANY pics together :s ish. nevermind. next monday :)

So in the end, Kyan and I got 3rd place. All thanks to you guys who voted to cover up the low scores by the judges. haha. LOL :D Oh wells, I can't deny I did have fun through it all. Singing with Kyan (he's such an amazing singer) and learning so much along the way. I guess the experience has taught me so much. Will treasure the memories.
Not to self: please please PLEASE, DO NOT AGREE TO JOIN-so as to avoid unnecessary stress and possible tachycardia which may lead to sudden cardiac death. LOL(:
xoxo, elvyna.

No comments: